Frequently Asked Questions
- Enter the first and last name of the doctor in the “Doctor name” field.
- (Optional) Use the dropdown list to select the state where the doctor is licensed.
- Click the “Start Search” button.
If you do not find the intended doctor:
- Try the search without a first name (the doctor may use a name other than his or her given name)
- Try the search without a state selection (the doctor may be licensed in another state)
- If you cannot find the intended doctor, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DocInfo is a database of verified information provided by state medical boards and national organizations that certify doctors.
Each DocInfo profile report includes these elements:
- Name, gender and reported location (City, State)
- Medical school and year of graduation
- Medical license history (Where the doctor holds medical licenses)
- Medical specialty information provided by the American Board of Medical Specialties and the American Osteopathic Association
- Disciplinary actions taken by state medical boards
DocInfo is updated on a monthly basis. If a doctor has been disciplined by a state medical board within the last 30 days, this information may not be reflected in the DocInfo report due to the state medical board’s reporting cycle. If information you seek is not found on DocInfo, please email us at email@example.com.
DocInfo’s verified information comes directly from state medical boards, the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE), National Provider Identifier (NPI) and the Social Security Death Master File, the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, the American Board of Medical Specialties and the American Osteopathic Association’s Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists.